You are watching: Homologous chromosomes move toward opposite poles of a dividing cell during
Segregation of sister chromatids toward opposite poles of the cell followed by cytokinesis.
Alignment of duplicated chromosomes in the facility of the cell
Condensation the chromosomes in a haploid cell
Condensation that chromosomes in a diploid cell
Alignment of pairs of chromosomes along their lengths and formation of chiasmata
Alignment of paired chromosomes in the center of the cell
Segregation of paired chromosomes towards opposite poles of the cell followed by cytokinesis
-Complete the adhering to sentences: metaphase the mitosis, prophase II the meiosis, cross over, anaphase i of meiosis, variable, arbitrarily fertilization, identical, random orientation, metaphase i of meiosis, prophase i of meiosis, metaphase II that meiosis, palliation division
Two processes that occur during meiosis develop genetically ____________ cells.
In a procedure called ____________ , combine homologous chromosomes align randomly in ~ the cell equator. This occurs throughout this stage of cell division: ____________ .
In a procedure called ____________ , genetic material is exchanged between homologous chromosomes. This occurs throughout this phase of cabinet division: ____________ .
-Complete the complying with paragraph to describe nondisjunction and also the resulting effects on chromosome number.
words: euploidy, major nondisjunction, nomal, nondisjunction, secondary nondisjunction, homologous chromosomes, abnormal, trisomy, monosomy, sisters chromatids, aneuploid
1.During meiosis I, ____________ separate and move towards opposite end of the poles.
2.During meiosis II, ____________ separate and also move in the direction of opposite ends of the poles.
3.During meiosis I, if both members that a homologous pair go into the very same daughter cell, ____________ is stated to occur and no typical gametes room produced.
4.During meiosis II, if the sister chromatids fail to separate and also both daughter chromosomes go into the exact same gamete, ____________ is claimed to occur. Fifty percent the gametes space aneuploid while the other fifty percent are euploid.
5.If an egg that includes 24 chromosomes rather of 23 chromosomes is fertilized by a typical sperm, ____________ is stated to have actually occurred.
6.If an egg that has 22 chromosomes instead of 23 chromosomes is fertilized by a common sperm, ____________ is claimed to have occurred.
Part A- Microtubules. select all that apply.
1) They space filaments in mitotic and meiotic spindles
2) lock are forced for relocating sister chromatids to opposite sides of the poles throughout anaphase II of meiosis and also anaphase of mitosis.
3) castle are forced for relocating homologs to opposite sides of the poles during anaphase ns of meiosis.
4) they are crucial for maintaining homologous chromosome pairing and also plays a duty in recombination.
5) lock catalyze the phosphorylation of certain proteins.
6) They space a layered structue located between paired homologs in prophase i of meiosis in countless organisms.
Part B- Cyclin-dependent kinases. pick all the apply.
1) They are filaments in mitotic and also meiotic spindles.
2) They are enzymes that regulate progression through cell cycle.
3) castle are compelled for the segregation of chromosomes throughout anaphase the mitosis or meiosis.
4) lock are important for homologous chromosome pairing and also plays a function in recombination.
5) they catalyze the phosphorylation of specific proteins.
Part C- Kinetochores. pick all that apply.
1) They space enzymes that control progression v cell cycle.
2) they are essential for maintaining homologous chromosome pairing and plays a role in recombination.
3) lock are forced for the distinction of chromosomes throughout anaphase of mitosis or meiosis.
4) They room complx structures attached come the centromeres of chromosomes that tie to spindle microtubules.
5) they catalyze the phosphorylation of certain proteins.
Part D- Synaptonemal complex. choose all that apply.
1) that is required for relocating sister chromatids to opposite political parties of the poles during anaphase II of meiosis and anaphase that mitosis.
2) it is a layered structure located between paired homologs in prophase ns of meiosis in plenty of organisms.
3) that is complicated structures attached to the centromeres of chromosomes that tie to spindle microtubules.
4) that catalyzes the phospohorylation of details proteins.
See more: Who Is The Third Antichrist : Napoleon, Hitler And The, Nostradamus And The Unknown Antichrist
5) the is essential for keeping homologous chromosome pairing and also plays a role in recombination.